Learn more about the M10X™ Elite
- Model: M10X™Elite
- Action: Semi-automatic rotating bolt long stroke gas piston driven system
- Caliber: 7.62×39
- Upper Receiver: Single unit integrated made out of fully heat-treated high quality milled billet nitrided carbon steel
- Bolt & Carrier Material: Fully heat-treated high quality milled billet nitrided carbon steel
- Lower receiver: Made of stainless steel with Black nitride finish
- Upper Picatinny Rail Length: 18 inches
- Forearm Cover & Finish: Aircraft grade aluminum; Mil Spec Type III black anodized coating; Magpul® M-Lok compatible slots
- Barrel Length: 16.5 inches
- Barrel Twist: 1/9.25 Rifling
- Muzzle Thread: 14/1 Left hand
- Barrel Material: 4140 Steel
- Barrel Finish: Black nitride
- Rifle Weight: 8.5 lbs +/- without magazine
- Trigger Pull: 4.2 lbs +/-
- Safety: Ambidextrous w/indicator marking on both sides of receiver
- Charging Handle: Ambidextrous removable reciprocating handle
- Stock: Six position Magpul® CTR™ buttstock w/Phoenix Technology® Kicklite recoil reducing shaft
- Pistol Grip: Ergonomic rubber overmolded Hogue grip
- Magazine Type: Comes with 5/10/30 round depending on state configuration
- High Corrosion Resistant Components: Ninety-five percent of the rifle including bolt, bolt carrier, gas cylinder, lower receiver, trigger, trigger guard, upper receiver, mounting hardware are finished in black nitride.
- Semi automatic rotating bolt long stroke gas piston driven system, a proven design used in the most reliable self-loading firearms in the history.
- Floated barrel is the result of floated joint at gas cylinder and gas block. Relieving tension on the barrel improves accuracy on almost any firearm.
- Three-position adjustable gas valve (including “off” position) facilitates reliable functioning in the harshest environments with a wide array of ammunition, or allows the rifle to be manually cycled.
- Recoil spring has been eliminated and its function integrated into piston return spring.
- Castling feature allows for stronger rigidity and weight reduction in the rifle assembly.
- Plunger-style ejector assures even ejection pattern regardless of the load of rounds used.
- Reduced-mass piston reduces weight
- Single unit integrated upper receiver eliminates guide rail rivets, and allows for stronger, stiffer guide rails to be used, reducing a point of failure, and enhancing the accuracy of the rifle.
- Proprietary recoil reducing compensator Designed to reduce recoil and helps to control muzzle climb in rapid firing.
- Hinged lower receiver opens like an AR for ease of cleaning and repair, whether at home or in the field.
- Ambidextrous charging handle accommodates both left and right-handed shooters and special circumstances created by specialty add-on equipment.
- Ambidextrous safety switch for both left and right-handed fire.
- Corrosion resistant components ensure functionality even under the harshest conditions, and preserve the value of the firearm.
- Mil Spec Type III anodized coating to protect the aluminum extruded outer components, flat black to avoid glare.
- The M10X™ maintains the distinctive silhouette as well as legendary reliability proven on our M10™ rifle, with a distinctively modern, extruded aluminum chassis.
- Caliber: 7.62 x 39
- Stock Length Collapsed: 36 4/16 inches
- Stock Length Fully Extended: 40 1/16 inches
- Width: 3 inches
- Height W/O Magazine: 7 ¾ inches with sight down, 9 inches with sight up
- Barrel Length: 16.5 inches
- Weight: 8.5 lbs. +/- without magazine
- Barrel Twist: 1/9.25 rifling
- Barrel Thread: 14/1 Left hand
- Trigger Pull: 4.2 lbs. +/-
Watch M10X™ Elite Videos
November 28, 2015 – Iraqveteran8888 has completed their first full length review of the M10X™ Elite. Great video. Take a look and our thanks to Eric and Chad for their time outstanding review.
November 12, 2015 – Just got this quick note from Bob Owens, Editor @bearingarmscom. Bob took an M10X™ Elite to the Rifleman 1 class @Valor Ridge last weekend. Take a look a his experience in his post http://buff.ly/1krTFfN. A full review is coming shortly.
October 31, 2015 – Military Arms Channel @mac_arms Tweeted “militaryarmsThe new @mmindustries M10X is a very interesting all US made rifle. It takes proven designs and merges them into a very shootable package. The best part is that it shoots 7.62×39 and uses AK mags.” His full review will be out shortly.
October 15, 2015 – Bearing Arms received the new M10X™ Elite for a full review. After initial rounds tweeted “Great gun!” @bob_ owens @mmindsutries. Iraqveteran8888 is in process of doing complete testing and evaluation of the M10X™ Elite. Here are some shares from their work to date via Instagram.
October 11, 2015 “@chad_iv8888–These shots were taken at 200 yards on a @shoot_steel Groundhog target, prone position with a hasty rest with the @mmindustries M10X setup with a @vortexoptics 1-4x24mm PST, suppressed with my @advanced_armament SDN-6 protected by a @cole_tac HTP suppressor sleeve. Very promising results indeed with bulk steel cased HP ammo. I’ve never been an AK guy at heart, but I can say that this rifle is becoming one of my favorites in the “Not and AR” and “Not and AK” realm.” October 11, 2015 “@chad_iv8888 The @mmindustries M10X rifle comes standard with a 14x1LH thread pitch mainly due to the abundance of US made 922R compliant muzzle brakes the company had in stock at the start of production. I am assured that M+M will be using the more standard 5/8x24RH barrel threading in future production runs, but I just couldn’t wait, lol. Our machinist cut, crowned and threaded the barrel for me last week and in his opinion, the M10X barrel is one of the most consistent factory barrels that he has ever seen. Very promising indeed. I’ll be out at the farm getting my rifle zeroed and post the initial results. Stay tuned.”
October 10, 2015 “@chad_iv8888@iv8888gunsmithray doing a bit of customization on one of the @mmindustries M10X Elite rifles we have in for review. We are setting this rifle up for use with my @advanced_armament SDN-6. The rifle comes setup with a five position adjustable gas system. This rig may indeed be the ideal AK style system, since most well know that AK suppression is a fairly difficult task. Stay tuned, we will have much more to come on this very impressive platform.”